Close
why ecokid our products ecokid worldwide question and answers ecokid official web home

Ecocert

Ecocert is an organic certifying body founded in France in 1991.

It is based in Europe but conducts inspections in over 90 countries, making it one of the largest organic certifying bodies in the world. The basic rules for composition of an Ecocert Certified Organic Cosmetic are as follows: At least 95% of the physically processed agro-ingredients must be organically produced prior to undergoing any physical or chemical processes to make them suitable for cosmetic consideration. Of the remaining 5% of each formulation, the ingredients may come from mineral origin (i.e. Sea Salt) or may be chosen from a small list of allowable synthetic ingredients: there are only 8 considered suitable to choose from and these have a primary function as Nature Identical preservatives.

Chemical processes must follow the principles of Green Chemistry (Environmental Protection Agency Green Chemistry Programme, USA, 1998): it prohibits the use of any petrochemicals or synthetic solvents and the resulting finished ingredient must be readily biodegradable. At least 30% of the finished formulation must be of pure unaltered certified organic agro-ingredients, or sustainable wild harvested raw material.  

Cosmebio

Cosmebio is the leading ecological and organic cosmetic professional association. It brings together all of the players in the cosmetic industry and currently represents more than 350 members worldwide. These members include cosmetic laboratories, distributors, contract manufacturers and raw material suppliers. The Cosmebio logo guarantees that the product has been audited by a third party certifying body.

USDA NOP

USDA NOP (National Organic Program) is the USA’s federal regulatory framework governing organic food. NOP regulations cover in detail all aspects of food production, processing, delivery and retail sale. A USDA Organic seal identifies products with at least 95% organic ingredients.  

ACO

Australian Certified Organic is Australia’s largest certifier for organic and biodynamic produce. ACO regulations cover in detail all aspects of food production, processing, delivery and retail sale. An ACO Organic seal identifies products with at least 95% organic ingredients.